25 June 2011

Luuurve cakes at Zoe and Jason's wedding, The White Hart Hotel, Essex, UK

I was so excited when I walked into the Tudor-style barn where the lovely Zoe and Jason had their wedding reception. Yes, it was really gorgeous - all decked out with amazing country garden-style flowers in pretty vintage vases - and there were about to be special speeches, delicious food and special people to chat to ... but there was also a whole table filled with divine cakes and another table full of retro sweets! I was in heaven!

Unfortunately I ate too much fine food to fit in too many cakes, but I managed to sample two desserts: a chocolate whoopie pie and the chocolate cake (from Harrods, apparently - very swish!) The whoopie pie (so trendy right now) was fluffy and deceivingly light, but delightfully buttery. The chocolate cake was so rich, dense and gooey - just how i like my cakes - that I couldn't finish it (very unlike me - I blame by little bub, who's taking up all my tummy space!)

And I love the gorgeous lover bird-versions of Zoe and Jason that Zoe's friend made. Such a cute touch! Zoe's friend made all the delicious cakes for the wedding - such a great gift! A fab friend to have indeedy!

The sweets corner was a gorgeous touch - a table full of sweets from everyone's childhood, like sour sweets, candy bracelets, cola bottles and heart-shaped sweets with cute lovely-dovey messages on them. I had hours of fun with my candy bracelet that came complete with an 80s-style watch face. Oh yeah! Such a fun day of luuurve!

The White Hart Hotel, Poole Street, Great Yeldham, Halstead, Essex,
CO9 4HJ.  http://whitehartweddingvenue.co.uk/









No comments:

Post a Comment